Reflection

 
“When I first dragged myself into the
rooms of Al‑Anon, I discovered
that alcoholics had three choices:
institutions, death, or recovery. I
had the same three options. I chose
recovery. I didn’t like the alternatives.”
Al‑Anon Family Group Headquarters, Inc

They say everything can be replaced 
They say every distance is not near 
So I remember every face 
Of every man who put me here

I see my light come shining 
From the west down to the east 
Any day now, any day now 
I shall be released

They say every man needs protection 
They say that every man must fall 
Yet I swear I see my reflection 
Somewhere so high above this wall

Now yonder stands a man in this lonely crowd 
A man who swears he's not to blame 
All day long I hear him shouting so loud 
Just crying out that he was framed

No comments:

Post a Comment